MTN Mobile Money is the safest way to send and receive money. This is the provision you will make in your account, which will then allow you to transfer money to a loved one and perform other Mobile Money transactions. That is why we are going to teach you How to Change and Reset a forgotten MTN Mobile money Pin Code.
What you had no idea about
Every active mobile money account is functional , thanks to a 5 digit number called the pin code. It is with the pin code that you can authorise funds withdrawal, send money,shop online,login online(web login),pay bills among others.
You might find yourself in a situation where you think your account has been hacked, your mobile money pin code is too simple or in a situation where you have completely forgotten your mobile money pin code. In this post we will see how to change your mobile money pin code with MTN Cameroon and how to get a new pin code if you have forgotten your current pin code. Let us get started.
HOW TO CHANGE MTN MOBILE MONEY PIN CODE
In this case you want to get a new number because you think someone can easily memorise your pin code.
- Step1: Access the mobile money Menu by dialling *126#
- Step2: Go to My account
- Step 3: Reply with the number that corresponds to Change pin code
- Step4: Enter current pin code
- Step5: Enter new pin code. We are done you now have a new pin code. Make sure you can remember your pin code. without it you will not be able to have access to your funds.
Tips to Creating a Strong Pin Code
- 1. Give the letters of the alphabet numbers Use the first number to correspond to your favourite.
- 2. Select the first or last letter of your names.
- 3. (First digit) Match the letter to your name( This can give either two digits or one)
- 4. Second digit: Choose any number from your phone number.
- 5. 3rd Digit: choose a number from your date of birth.
- 6. 4th digit : Match the first letter of your best car, animal or sport to a number and write it out
- 7. If you choose a letter that gave you just one digit, the you can Use the first or last digit that corresponds to firs letter of the name of a naughty friend to make the 5th digit of your MoMo pin code. If you are always with your phone, then you can do what you think is best.
How to Create a New pin code if you have Forgotten the current one( Pin Reset)
- Step1: Access the mobile money Menu by dialing *126#
- Step2: Go to My account
- Step 3: Reply with the number that corresponds to Forgotten PIN code
- Step4: You will be sent a code to your number by SMS . If you cannot have one, then call MTN Customer service via 8787. Make sure you type the number that corresponds to MTN Mobile money service. You are required to provide your date of birth, name and Id card number before the One time password (OT) will be sent to you.
- Step5: With the OT sent to you. You can now create a new pin code for your account.
Just by following this clean and optimal tutorial/guide on how to reset your momo pin, you just overcomed the fear of loosing your money in case it happens t you or someone you know. C’mon don’t be selfish but spread this great news to all the wonderful places like facebook, twitter and let them also benefit. If you found this post benefial to you then why not just donate anything you have to 676812868. Just Momo it!